"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Feast

I typically plan my week’s meals around whatever meat is on sale. Thus, every time packages of boneless chicken breast are $1.97 a pound, I stock up. This insures that meat is always in my freezer, and I won’t have to buy it at top dollar. The only time we have beef or pork is when I purchase it at a discount. The same goes for other items, such as cheese, lunch meat, ice cream, etc. Stocking up when items are on sale and combining with coupons means I don’t need to buy ingredients in desperation.
I love this particular recipe, but I only make it when I can buy the items more cheaply. This is an easy but fabulous dish to take to potlucks or other outings. You may need to make more than one batch, however, if you have a big group—it’s THAT yummy!

Ham and Cheese Rolls

1 pkg Hawaiian Rolls
1/2 # shaved ham
6 slices Swiss Cheese (I use Provolone)

Sauce:   1 t. dry onion
                ¾ t. dry mustard
                ¾ t. poppy seeds (optional)
                ½ t. Worcestershire Sauce
                ½ stick margarine, melted
*Heat until well mixed.

Cut rolls apart. Layer with ham and cheese. Replace top half of rolls. Pull apart to let sauce drip down in between rolls. Pour sauce over top. Bake covered with foil (7x11 pan) at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment