"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Friday, September 27, 2013

True!

Linking up with Lisa Jo today for Five Minute Friday. The word is 'true'. 


Ready…Set…GO!


“You’ll never be able to make a man happy.”

These words pierced my soul. After twelve years of marriage and two children, he slings these words like David flinging rocks at the giant Goliath. Not good enough. That’s what I hear.

Yet, I know these are not true. I know my God is enthralled with my beauty (Psalm 45:11). He calls me his masterpiece, his workmanship. I’m created for good works. These carelessly thrown words by a man no longer my husband are lies, all lies.

Yes, I know these are not true because the man I’ve been remarried to for over 13 years proves that to me every day.

“I love you,” he says.

“You’re beautiful.”

“I’m so thankful God brought you into my life.”

Satan wants us to believe lies, to doubt our value, to believe we are insignificant.

God, on the other hand, counteracts all of those lies when He calls us His treasures. Believe it, sister!


Stop!



The timer gonged, so the official 5 minutes of writing stopped. However, my thoughts continue to ruminate about this broken, painful time in my life.

Truth:

God brings beauty from ashes.

God has given me two beautiful children from a failed marriage.

God continues to work his forgiveness in me. It’s a Long.Hard.Process!

God gives me grace and compassion for others who are broken by life.

God is present in every storm.

God is able to do immeasurably more than I can think or imagine.

God restores what the enemy steals—joy, peace, life.

God is faithful when others betray us.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, we are His treasures and He is present in EVERY storm, amen! Beautiful of you to share your vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! We can count on Him no matter what!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. The Lord is able to make beauty out of ashes (our lemonade out of lemons as I like to say!). Great news for our weekend! Wonderful reminder. <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara! I'm thankful for a God who can make a lot of lemonade!!

      Delete