"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What I Want My Daughters to Know


I’m blessed with three amazing children, two of them daughters. While one is well on her way to life outside our home, one still remains in the nest. My hope is that I have taught and am teaching them these concepts. Some have been pulled from Lisa-Jo Baker’s blog; others are original.

1.       Jesus loves every single inch of you, inside and out. No.Matter.What!
2.       Who you are is more important than what you do.
3.       You bring more joy to my life than you can possibly comprehend.
4.       Nothing you tell me can make me stop loving you.
5.       No matter what you go through in life, God is always with you.
6.       Laugh a LOT.
7.       Forgive. Bitterness only hurts you.
8.       Put others first; yourself last.
9.       Chocolate is a necessity.
10.   Your body is yours. A delicious gift to be shared with your husband. I promise it’s worth waiting to unwrap together.
11.   Marriage is an act of courage, commitment and sacrifice. It’s also the most fun you’ll ever have with your best friend.
12.   Be the friend you wish you had.
13.   Real life is always better than online.
14.   I’m more interested in your growth than your happiness.
15.   We need each other.
16.   There’s no such thing as perfect.
17.   Always eat ice cream!
18.   Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
19.   You can’t control what others think about you. Let it go.
20.   Honesty and truth are better than deception and lies.
21.   Home is not where we live but who we love.
22.   Sometimes we just need to cry.
23.   The best way never to worry about anyone gossiping about you is never to gossip about anybody.
24.   You can always come home.
25.   You’ll always be my baby girl.

This is not an exhaustive list of everything I desire to teach my girls. It’s such an immense job to tackle in this world that counteracts and undermines good values. And, where I’ve failed in so many areas, I pray that God fills in all the gaps!

What would you add to this list?


No comments:

Post a Comment